Thursday, May 23, 2013

5.19.2013 - JDRF Walk

On Sunday we joined hundreds of fellow supporters for the JDRF Capital Area Chapter's Walk to Cure Type 1 Diabetes. I have not participated in this kind of event before so I didn't know what to expect. Upon arrival, I was taken back by the amount of people that had already arrived and were registering, submitting their t-shirts for a contest and visiting the multiple stands representing and pushing their products. To date, this walk raised over $275,000 towards diabetes research!

As I was standing in the rain pushing the girls in the stroller, I got teary eyed as I saw so many young children, supporting their friends and family members with Type 1 Diabetes. The outpouring of support was overwhelming especially seeing a young groups of girls all in tutus and tiaras supporting their friend. I hope that in five years, our girls have all of their friends out to walk in support of them!

The walk began at Ida Lee park in Leesburg and was a three mile figure eight around town. We passed by Tim's old elementary school and through his childhood neighborhood.


Twin1D, our team, had support from our closest family and friends and are blessed to have such great people in our lives who came to walk on a rainy Sunday morning. Love you all!



No comments:

Post a Comment